FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In this section you will find answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding dental implants.
1. What are the benefits of dental implants?
2. What might be some of the factors that would prevent me from being an implant candidate?
3. How often will I need to have my dental implants checked?
4. Is dental implant surgery painful?
5. When can I return to work after implant surgery?
6. What factors contribute to long-term success of dental implants?
7. Are there any age limitations for dental implants?
ORAL & MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY
AAOMS ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGEONS:
THE EXPERTS IN FACE, MOUTH AND JAW SURGERY
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are the only dental specialists recognized by the American Dental Association who are surgically trained in a hospital-based residency program for a minimum of four years. They train alongside medical residents in internal medicine, general surgery and anesthesiology, and spend time in otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat), plastic surgery, emergency medicine and other specialty areas.
Dr. Slavin has had extensive experience in dental implant reconstruction and bone augmentation techniques, and has worked with many of the world’s leading authorities in bone grafting and implant technology.
Training is very “critical” when selecting a surgeon. Dr. Slavin has extensive experience and is Board Certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery as well as being recertified twice. Constant training and board certification means that your doctor believes in constantly upgrading and monitoring the necessary skills that are required to be the best!
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Andrew B. Slavin DMD, Board Certified
The Institute Of Dental Implants
Good Samaritan Hospital
Victor Farris Medical Building
1411 North Flagler Drive, Suite 5200
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Tel: (561) 833-6880
Fax: (561) 833-1924
Hours: Monday- Friday 8am – 5pm